Smith's pocket Pal multi-functional knife sharpener features pre-set crossed carbides and ceramic stones, which provide the perfect edge every time. Carbides provide quick edge setting, and the specially shaped ceramic stones are designed to give you a razor sharp edge on either standard or serrated edges. A fold out, tapered round, Diamond coated rod is designed for sharpening serrations and small Gut hooks. Unit is compact, lightweight, durable, and comes with a lanyard hole.
Sleek and slim, Smith's Pocket Pal multi-functional knife sharpener is ideal for backpackers, hikers, hunters, and fishermen who want to ensure their blades have the sharpest edge wherever they roam.
Fold-out diamond-coated rod (view larger).
Great for sharpening serrated blades (view larger).
Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
At a Glance:
- Slim, lightweight, easily pocketable knife sharpener
- Diamond-coated rod for serrated and standard edges
- Carbide blades quickly set your edge
- Ceramic stones give you a razor sharp edge
- Preset sharpening angles for guaranteed results
- Lanyard hole for carrying
The Pocket Pal features a fold out, tapered round diamond-coated rod for sharpening serrated and standard edges, pre-set carbide blades for quickly restoring a dull edge, and specially shaped ceramic stones for a razor-sharp finish. The carbide blades and ceramic stones are reversible and replaceable for extended sharpening life.
The Pocket Pal measures just 3-1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide, and it weighs just 1 ounce. An integrated lanyard hole makes for easy carrying. Always clean your sharpener with a damp cloth after use and towel dry. Do not rinse with water.
Carbide Blades: Set the Edge
The carbide blades provide quick edge setting capability for dull or damaged knives. These blades are designed for use on straight edges only, and are reversible and replaceable.
Ceramic Stones: Finish the Edge
Ceramic stones provide a smooth, polished edge for already sharp knives and can be used on serrated or standard blades. They're also reversible and replaceable.
- Tapered Round Rod / Medium Diamond: 400 grit
- Pull-Through / Coarse Ceramic: 600 grit
How to Use the Pocket Pal
- Insert knife blade into the V-shaped slots at a 90-degree angle to the sharpening blades or stones.
- Pull the knife blade straight back towards you while applying light pressure.
- Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
Tapered Diamond Rod: Flat Edges
- Always hold the unit with the rod facing down. Place heel of the blade on the diamond rod closest to the unit.
- Hold blade at a 23-degree angle to the rod.
- While applying light pressure, push the knife away from you towards the end of the rod. Draw knife down so that the tip of the blade comes off the end of the rod. Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
- For the other side of the blade, you will need to switch hands holding the sharpener and the knife and repeat steps 1 through 3.
Tapered Diamond Rod: Serrated Edges
- Only sharpen the side of your knife edge with the serrations.
- Hold rod at 23-degree angle to the blade and move it back and forth through each serration until sharp.
What's in the Box
Pocket Pal multi-functional knife sharpener
Specially shaped ceramic stones for a razor sharp edge (view larger).